Okay, so I haven’t gotten as many opportunities to work on my zombie game this week as I originally hoped, but I was still able to make some improvements since I posted the Post Mortem. Here are the additions I’ve made in this version:
- Added a rudimentary “lighting system”.
- It’s not really a lighting system, but it severely limits the area the player can see clearly. On top of that, it doesn’t make the rest of the game pitch-black, but it does make it very dark, and thus zombies can more easily take you be surprise. I’m going to keep working on it and am already working on a true lighting system, I just wanted this uploaded for now.
- Fixed an issue where your ammo would not reset when you started a second or third game.
- Previously, any ammo you used or gained in a previous concurrent session would still be used or gained when you started a new game. I’ve fixed it so that the ammo variables reset correctly each game now.
As usual, click the image below to go to the game:
The other thing I wanted to mention in this post is that I was able to get a Project Spark beta key yesterday. I will be downloading the game soon and hope to start playing with it tonight or tomorrow. I’m going to see what I think of it overall, and depending on how I feel about it, I may try and use Project Spark to build my game for the Global Game Jam. I’m not sure if it will work out since I don’t really know how I’ll feel about the game yet, but I am tentatively excited about it. In any case, I’ll have some thoughts on the game posted soon, so be on the lookout for those.